Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday 10 March 2014

Eka Vilvam Shivarpanam

Swamigal had wanted to give the translated works of the 63 Nayanmars to the Pope and had instructed the Kanchipuram collector to do so. When the books were placed before Him, He changed His mind and said, "give them to Pradosham Mama, as he is the 64th Nayanmar".

And got new set of books for the Pope.

For Pradosham Mama’s habit of placing Vilva leaves on His head daily, He said, “He heaps Mahalakshmi on my head daily in the mornings and that is why our Matam is blessed by Mahalakshmi!".

He asks him, "you bring Vilvam leaves daily to me, do you pluck them by yourself?”

Mama said, “I used to, but not now due to my old age. One person Venu who works in Kanchi Electricity Board helps me with this now”.

“Out of vilvam leaves he brings, I make a garland and bring it to You, the balance I use for Rudram and poojas at home”

Swamigal says, “Oho, is that right!”

A lady standing near by says, “I also collect a bucket of Vilvam leaves and make a garland and give the rest for archanas at Ekambareshwar temple”

To which Swamigal said, “you both are doing it slightly differently, but ultimately all the vilvas fall only on My Head when you offer them saying Eka Vilvam Shivarpanam”!



Courtesy: Shri Ganesha Sharma's Sapthaham via kanchiforum.org

No comments:

Post a Comment